Tiderace was was renamed Tideflow on 28 June 1958, after confusion during the Suez crisis. Major refit at Smith's Dock, North Shields, 1963. Decommissioned in November 1975 at Devonport. Scrapped at Bilbao 1976.
This collection of over 3200 photos was started in 2006 with photos by George Mortimore. Rebuilt 2011. Also included are the RMAS and it's predecessors and Army vessels. Photos for inclusion may be uploaded by Registered Users or emailed as attachments to the Webmaster. (See home page). Historical information sourced from Sigwart, Adams/Smith, Puddefoot, Hannan, Critchley, Villar, Cassar, Sowdon, Cooley, Habesch and various RFA publications. Copyright of images remains with the owners who are acknowledged where known. They may be downloaded only for private use.